Thanks for joining me for this inaugural episode of the DenPod! In addition to Spotify, Anchor, and other podcast apps, you can find the episode on YouTube and here on the website.
The DenPod is my unscripted podcast, so if you ever wondered what it would feel like to be talked at by me you’re in luck! I hope to find time to record and release one of these episodes on a monthly basis, and I’ll be discussing some of the highlights of the preceding month. This might include stories and points of interest that I wasn’t able to cover here on the website.
From time to time I see something that I think might be interesting and add it to my writing pile, but for any number of reasons never get around to completing and publishing the piece. The DenPod won’t consist entirely of these subjects, of course, but it’s a good format to be able to dedicate five minutes to a topic of interest that I didn’t have time to dedicate an entire column or article to.
The DenPod doesn’t have a fixed runtime. This first edition clocks in just shy of the forty-minute mark, and I suspect future episodes will be similar. I don’t want to outstay my welcome and ramble on for hours, but at the same time I wanted to make sure there was enough content here to make it worth a listen and to cover the subjects I wanted to. Speaking of which…
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- A brief introduction to the podcast and website
- The state of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and the reaction of the fan community
- Cyberpunk 2077′s triumphant return to the PlayStation Store
- England’s Euro 2020 defeat
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition and its issues
- Star Trek: Picard Season 2 and the return of Q
- Star Trek: Prodigy’s upcoming first season
- Amazon’s Wheel of Time series, which is now due to be broadcast this year
- The release of James Bond film No Time To Die
- Foundation on Apple TV+
- Some of the highlights of E3 2021
- And more!
So that’s it, really. Click or tap the YouTube video below if you want to listen right here on the website, or else look for me on your favourite podcast apps! Click or tap the links below to find me on the following podcast apps/websites: